The purpose of the committee is as follows:
- Study the Macomb County Department of Roads report on the condition of roads within the Township
- Become familiar with the state legislation that was enacted to improve roads within the State of Michigan and what the County Department of Roads estimates as future revenue from the State legislation and compare it to current revenue.
- Determine what options are available to the township for road improvements—including but not limited to: special assessment districts, community block grant funds, local, county, state and federal funds.
- Recommend and prioritize options the Township should consider for improving roads, if any.
- Advise how road improvement priorities may be established with the Township, if funds were available.
If you are a Township resident and are interested in serving on the Citizen’s Advisory Committee please submit your resume to the Supervisor’s Office no later than August 31, 2016. Clinton Township Planning Director, and former Chief Macomb County Road Engineer, Carlo Santia, will review and make recommendations for the committee membership and will also serve as the primary advisor and contact for the committee.
The Committee will present their completed work and recommendations to the Township Board for consideration at a regularly scheduled meeting in January, 2017.
Questions can be directed to the Supervisor’s Office: 586-723-8093.