To find committee openings and other recent announcements please click here.
- All applications for appointment to boards, commissions and/or committees that the Board of Trustees shall have authority to make shall be submitted to all Board members and voted upon by the Board. By State Statue, the Planning Commission, and the Downtown Development Authority Members are appointed by the Township Supervisor with the Township Board of Trustees approval.
- Sixty days prior to any committee expiration date, a notice of intended vacancy will be posted by the Administrative Aide on our cable channel, township bulletin board and on our township web site. Board members will be advised as well.
- Interested individuals must complete an Application for Appointment which can be downloaded off the website or obtained from the Trustee’s Office. Those wishing to be re-appointed will also be required to complete an application.
- All applications will be submitted to the Administrative Aide in the Trustee’s Office by the cut-off date as specified on the posting.
- All applications received by the Administrative Aide will be distributed to all board members after the deadline of posting has been met and will be included in the Board of Trustee’s agenda packet which is publicly available.
- The Administrative Aide shall invite applicants to attend the Board of Trustee’s meeting for an “Introduction of Appointment Applicants” during a Board of Trustee’s meeting.
- A letter will be prepared placing an “Introduction of Appointment Applicants” on the Board of Trustee’s agenda following the application cutoff date.
- A letter will be prepared placing the appointment(s) on the Board of Trustee’s agenda after the “Introduction of Appointment Applicants” is held.
- In the event a term is vacated due to resignation, the same process will be followed once notification of said resignation has been received in the Trustees Office.
- Committee appointments that fall to the Township Supervisor by statue or committee by-laws will also be posted as a courtesy to all.
- The Administrative Aide will coordinate and oversee the process maintaining all records on committee appointments. Please submit application to Debbie Staller, Administrative Aide: email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone – 586-286-9366.
Application for Appointment
Board of Review
Budget Ways & Means
Civil Service Commission
Construction Board of Appeals
Cultural Diversity Committee
Downtown Development Authority
Economic Development Committee
Fire-Police Civil Service
Fire Prevention Board of Appeals
Gratiot Cruise Committee
Heritage Estates Committee
Parks & Recreation Committee
Personnel Vacancy Review Committee
Refuse Disposal Committee
Sidewalk Review Committee
Sanitary Sewer Sub Committee
Zoning Board of Appeals