- All applications for appointment to boards, commissions and/or committees that the Board of Trustees shall have authority to make shall be submitted to all Board members and voted upon by the Board. By State Statute, the Planning Commission and the Downtown Development Authority Members are appointed by the Township Supervisor with the Township Board of Trustees approval.
- Sixty days prior to any committee expiration date, a notice of intended vacancy will be posted by the Administrative Aide on our cable channel, township bulletin board and on our township web site. Board members will be advised as well.
- Interested individuals will be directed to complete an Application for Appointment which can be downloaded off the website or obtained from the Trustee’s Office. Those wishing to be re-appointed will also be required to complete an application.
- All applications will be submitted to the Administrative Aide in the Trustee’s Office by the cut-off date as specified on the posting.
- All applications received by the Administrative Aide will be disseminated to all board members for review prior to the board meeting in which the “Introduction of Applicant(s)” for said committee/commission is placed on the Board agenda. A letter likewise will be prepared by the Administrative Aide placing the “Introduction of Applicant(s)” for the said committee/commission on the Board agenda. Applicant(s) will be invited to such meeting where they will be given an opportunity to introduce themselves to the Board of Trustees. Attendance at this meeting is not a requirement for consideration to any appointment. The board meeting following the “Introduction of Applicant(s)”, a letter will then be prepared by the Administrative Aide placing the appointment(s) on the Board agenda.
- In the event a term is vacated due to resignation, the same process will be followed once notification of said resignation has been received in the Trustees Office.
- Committee appointments that fall to the Township Supervisor by statute or committee by-laws will also be posted as a courtesy to all.
- The Administrative Aide will coordinate and oversee the process maintaining all records on committee appointments.
- Please submit applications to Debbie Staller, Administrative Aide: email: email@example.com; Phone:586-286-9366
APPLICATION FOR APPOINTMENT CLICK HERE
Art Festival Committee
Board of Review
Budget Ways & Means
Civil Service Commission
Construction Board of Appeals
Cultural Diversity Committee
Downtown Development Board
Economic Development Committee
False Alarms Appeal
Fire-Police Civil Service
Fire Prevention Board of Appeals
Gratiot Cruise Committee
Heritage Estates Committee
Ordinance Update Committee
Parks & Recreation Committee
Personnel Vacancy Review Committee
Refuse Disposal Committee
Sidewalk Review Committee
Sanitary Sewer Sub Committee
Zoning Board of Appeals