- Clerk & Elections
Register for an Appointment
The Clerk’s Office now processes passport applications by appointment only, Monday through Friday. Click below to register for an appointment through Eventbrite.
The Clinton Township Clerk’s office accepts passport applications on behalf of the U.S. Department of State. As a certified application acceptance agency, the Clerk’s staff is required to be trained and certified and sends applications and materials to the U.S. Department of State’s office for processing.
We cannot accept the DS-82 RENEWAL forms.
Click HERE to see who should use this form and how to submit it to the U.S. Department of State for processing.
How to Apply
U.S. Citizens planning international travel may apply for their passports, Monday through Friday, 9 am to 4 pm at:
Clinton Township Clerk’s Office
40700 Romeo Plank Road
Clinton Township, MI 48038
Applications are available at the Township Clerk’s office, or you can access an online application form.
Applicants are required to bring the following items with them:
- Completed passport application (fillable with black ink only)
- Original proof of citizenship document (birth certificate, naturalization certificate)
- Government-issued photo identification
- Passport photos are available for $15 each.
- One personal check, money order, or cashier’s check to pay the Passport Fee (see details below).
Fees & Payments
There are two forms of payment required when applying for a U.S. Passport.
- Personal Checks or Money Orders are made to the U.S. Department of State. Passport Fees vary depending on the service you are requesting. For a complete list of fees and services, go to travel.state.gov.
- Cash or Credit Cards are used to pay an Application Fee of $35.
An additional convenience fee of 2.8% or $1.50 (minimum) will be charged if using debit or credit.