Robert Cannon, Township Supervisor
Robert J. Cannon grew up in St. Clair Shores as the eldest of five children. He attended St. Gertrude Elementary and was a four-sport letterman at Lakeview High School where he graduated in 1967. Mr. Cannon received his undergraduate degree, Masters in Business Administration (MBA), and specialist degrees from Wayne State University, and played varsity baseball there as well. Mr. Cannon was employed in private industry, has worked as a business consultant, and in 2000, retired from the Utica Community School District following a successful 25-year career as an educator.
As one who is considered a real "people person," Bob enjoys working with people, from coaching youth athletic teams and volunteering in his church, to working on numerous community committees.
Mr. Cannon served the community as a township trustee for 16 years, prior to his election as Supervisor in November 2000. He is a strong and confident leader, fully prepared to guide this growing and very progressive community of Clinton Township into the future.
Noteworthy accomplishments include:
- Continued redevelopment throughout the township
- Developments - Partridge Creek Mall
- Major road improvements in the township
- Past Chair, Southeastern Michigan Council of Governments (SEMCOG)
- Redevelopment of older areas of the community
- Remediation of sewer overflow conditions
Mr. Cannon was honored by the Macomb County Ministerial Alliance as the first-year recipient of the MCMA Inclusion Award, recognizing his outstanding commitment to the principle of inclusion in all aspects of the communities within Macomb County.
He was equally honored to receive the Community Leadership Award given by Housing Opportunities for Macomb, Inc., an organization that promotes empowering homeownership and revitalizing neighborhoods.
Mr. Cannon was inducted into the Macomb County Hall of Fame in 2012.
Robert currently serves as a member of:
- Board of Directors, Medstar Ambulance Company
- Board of Trustees, McLaren Macomb Hospital
- President-Elect, National Association of Regional Councils